Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yummy in my tummy!

We tried a new chicken recipe at the last minute for dinner. I was thinking Chicken Caesar Salad, but my stomach wasn't completely convinced and then I started thinking about the potatoes that needed to be used up and well, somehow that led me to Pioneer Woman's recipe for Parmesan Crusted Chicken (that's her photo above). It sounded yummy and easy--my favorite combination! I had a few errands to run and the only thing I needed for the recipe was sun-dried tomatoes. I found them at the 99 cent store and they looked disgusting! I've only had them a few times and only liked them on one recipe (from a restaurant and I was afraid my cooking wouldn't be anything like it). I had hopes that they would look better in a real grocery store, so off I went. But no, they still looked gross. AND they were really expensive. I decided to give the recipe a try without. It was amazing! Here are the ingredients. Obviously I skipped the sun-dried tomatoes. :-)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese4 chicken fillets (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
2 sun-dried tomatoes, jarred
1 tsp Italian herbs
1 tsp basil
cayenne pepper

Crumbs:
2 tbsp breadcrumbs

Lawry’s garlic salt
1 tbsp Parmesan
1/2 oregano

That gives you an idea of what simple ingredients it calls for, I had most of this on hand or something similar. I encourage you to go to her link though she has incredible photos, not to mention many other great recipes. I cut everything in half since we were only doing two chicken breasts, used ground red pepper instead of cayenne (I think it's different...?), seasoned bread crumbs over plain, some other brand for garlic salt and dried herbs for everything else. It was awesome. And Hubby didn't even know it was mayo until I told him--the cheese makes it de-LISH. We had it with mashed potatoes, garlic bread and salad. So very satisfying!

Let me know if you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment