Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pantry List

I don't want to be wasteful, but I'm not quite sure what to do with some of the things that have made their home in our pantry. Most of it, I can find a way to use it, but I thought I would add it to the list anyway to document what I have for next time I go to the store. I want to eat out of the pantry (don't even get me on the freezer yet...one thing at a time!) as much as we can. It only makes sense. Eat what you have before buying more...but sometimes things get lost no matter how organized I am. Or I'll buy something with a recipe in mind and then our schedule changes and I never make it, or it doesn't sound good anymore...I'm really bad about that one. So, my goal: use up the pantry! Sounds simple, but this is definitely going to take some creativity and diligence on my part. Most of this food was given to us, such a blessing, but I don't have a plan for how to use it. Here is the list:

1/2 package whole wheat rotini
3 boxes of Jell-O
1 box scone mix (I'm saving this one)
1 box brownie mix (necessary to just have)
1 bag dried chickpeas (ughhh, I do not want to soak these!)
1/2 bag dried pinto beans...
1 box Spanish rice
1 box lasagna noodles
1 package tortelloni *
1 bag lentils
1 can chicken noodle soup
3 can corn
2 can pinto beans
5 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 can green chiles
1 can olives
2 can sweet peas
1 can bamboo shoots
1 can pumpkin (icky...)
1 can black beans
1 can coconut milk
1 can green beans
3 sweetened condensed milk
1 bottle liquid lecithin- glad to have it...but what is it?
Huge thing of Rosemary Garlic Seasoning
Huge bag of bay leaves
Huge bag of spaghetti noodles
1/2 can french fried onions

Canned tomato products of all sorts, but I use those all the time

Obviously most of this isn't going to go bad, but I want to use it up. The pasta is always a good thing to have on hand, as is some of the canned items. But some of it I just don't know where to begin...I'll keep you posted on what happens!

*Italics indicating what we've used up. :-)

I just found this post on Keeper of the Home. Pretty much what I'm trying to do. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment