Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spaghetti With Broccoli and Lemon

I love Real Simple. My hubby got me a subscription for my birthday and I anxiously anticipate every month for this brilliant magazine. I can't get enough of it!
Tonight's dinner was Spaghetti With Broccoli and Lemon. Yum! I would never have thought to put garlic, lemon and crushed red peppers together, but they all work together. This was a good way to slip some more veggies into our diet, which I am always trying to find a way to do! It didn't take long and I had everything on hand--I love recipes like that! Next time I want to add some cherry tomatoes, I had something similar at a friend's house and the tomatoes were a nice touch. I may try melting the cheese directly on the broccoli next time as well because the cheese didn't want to stick to the noodles. Another nice touch may be to try a bow-tie pasta or something fun like that. I love pasta--so many options! Oh, one other thing. I didn't serve this with anything else, we added chicken so I knew there would be enough of everything to serve as a full meal. Plus I was out of ideas for what else to put with it. Normally I would have added a salad, but we had a big one for lunch and I already knew I was already pushing it with the broccoli....
What would you have added with it?? Any comments would be much appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment